Learn about our commitment to Health and Safety.
Dear Valued Guests of AIM Massage Therapy,
We hope this message finds you and your loved ones well.
These past few years have not been easy; perhaps the most trying we have collectively experienced in our lives. While challenging, we are hopeful and committed to getting through this time together.
In accordance with health and safety regulations and guidelines, we are using all appropriate measures to ensure the well-being of all our Staff and Guests.
Please review the updated polices and protocols we are following, which are designed in accordance with state and city health administrators, to protect our community.
Guidelines for AIM Staff
- Each day upon opening for Service, each Staff member will confirm he or she displays no signs of any infectious illnesses.
- AIM Massage Therapy Staff who may be experiencing any compromising health conditions will not be able to work until medically cleared.
- Staff are trained in infection control and prevention.
- In an effort to prevent the spread of germs and viruses, Staff will cover themselves with appropriate protective-wear, including fresh uniforms for Therapists, any time they interact with Guests or while performing a Therapeutic Massage and/or Bodywork Service.
- All Staff are required to regularly wash and sanitize their hands and forearms before and after interacting with Guests.
- AIM will perform enhanced cleaning procedures between each in-person session to thoroughly sanitize all equipment, supplies and areas.
- AIM will provide fresh laundered or disposable coverings for tables, chairs and Guests, or will use Guest’s own coverings if preferred. Used coverings will be immediately placed into a sealed compartment once sessions are complete.
Guidelines for AIM Guests
Massage Therapy is beneficial to overall wellness; however, due to its nature, Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork treatments can cause adverse effects – especially to those with health conditions. Though we do not hope for or anticipate incidents to occur during a session, when scheduling with AIM, we ask that Guests provide us with a person of contact to be notified in case of an emergency.
It is highly recommended that Guests with contraindications (pre-existing conditions that may respond negatively to Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork treatments) seek the advice of their healthcare physician prior to receiving treatment.
It is also imperative that Guests communicate their conditions with our Staff, as there are some treatments that may need to be modified or completely avoided.
Communication is key when receiving Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork treatments. Before, during and after your session, be sure to talk with us and let us know how you are feeling so that we can properly care for you.
A Health and Safety Liability Form will be issued before each session and will require a signature from Guests serviced, consenting to the following outlined protocols and guidelines.
- We suggests that all Guests complete a health screening assessment with their Therapist before proceeding with Services.
- We ask that Guests refrain from scheduling an appointment if they or a member of their household has knowingly been exposed to any communicable disease within 14 days of their in-person appointment with AIM, or are currently experiencing any compromising health conditions.
- Guests should refrain from booking a treatment if they or any member of their household is under an isolation or quarantine order.
- Some health conditions may prevent Guests from receiving treatment or may result in treatment modification. AIM will not knowingly provide Services to Guests who are intoxicated or experiencing a contagious viral or bacterial infection, Guests who recently had a heart attack or stroke, were recently involved in an accident or recently had major surgery, women in their first trimester of pregnancy, or Guests experiencing severe unexplained or undiagnosed symptoms, to name a few. If it is determined that a Guest is experiencing any compromising health conditions, AIM reserves the right to cancel the appointment.
- AIM will communicate with Guests, Management and Event Coordinators ahead of time to inquire if anyone receiving treatment has been diagnosed with, or knowingly exposed to someone diagnosed with, any communicable disease within 14 days of AIM’s intended visit. If infection is present, AIM will not perform Services at the location until it is verified that no Guest has been diagnosed with, or knowingly exposed to someone diagnosed with, any communicable disease within 14 days of AIM’s intended visit.
- AIM will arrange with Guests, Management and Event Coordinators ahead of time the use of a private space that allows for physical distancing and secure treatment.
- To stay in accordance with social distancing protocols, Guests should keep children, pets and others 6 feet away from the Service area and equipment.
- Though AIM is unable to control the cleanliness and disinfection practices at a Guest’s residence or facility, to ensure the protection of all, it is suggested and strongly encouraged that Guests and Management/Event Coordinators follow health and safety procedures set by health administrators, including cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and areas designated for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork Services.
- Guests should provide a changing area or bathroom for AIM Staff to prepare for the treatment.
- AIM will provide fresh laundered or disposable coverings for tables, chairs and Guests. However, Guest’s own coverings may be used if preferred.
- All Guests should thoroughly wash their hands prior to and after their treatment.
Please review our full Terms and Conditions before scheduling an appointment.
Updated September 25, 2023