Dear Valued Members and Guests of AIM Massage Therapy,
We pray this message finds you and your loved ones well.
These past few months have not been easy; perhaps the most trying we have collectively experienced in our lives. While challenging, we are hopeful we will get through this and we are committed to getting through this time together.
In accordance with stay at home and social distancing regulations due to the COVID-19 virus pandemic, AIM Massage Therapy has temporarily suspended all in-person Therapeutic Massage services. Though we are uncertain when we will reopen, we are being proactive in how we will proceed once services resume to ensure the safety and well-being of all our staff and clients.
Please review the updated polices and protocols we are following, which are designed in accordance with state and city health administrators, to protect our community as we look to move forward.
Guidelines for AIM Staff
- Each day upon opening for service, each staff member will confirm he or she displays no signs of any infectious illnesses. AIM Massage Therapy will be responsible to take staff member’s temperature daily using a temporal thermometer.
- AIM Massage Therapy staff who have knowingly been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days, who may be experiencing any compromising health symptoms or who have traveled internationally within the past 30 days will not be able to work until medically cleared.
- All staff are required to complete training in infection control and prevention prior to returning to work.
- All staff are required to wear both a face covering and face shield or eye protection any time they interact with a customer or while performing a Therapeutic Massage service.
- All staff are required to regularly wash and sanitize their hands and forearms, including before and after interacting with Members or Guests.
- In an effort to prevent the spread of germs and viruses, staff will cover themselves with appropriate protective clothing, including footwear, upon entry of a client’s residence or facility. Therapists are required to wear fresh uniforms and change between sessions.
- AIM will provide fresh laundered coverings for tables, chairs and clients, or will use client’s own coverings if preferred. Used coverings will be immediately placed into a sealed compartment once sessions are complete.
- AIM will perform enhanced cleaning procedures, including 15 minutes between each service to thoroughly sanitize all equipment, supplies and areas.
Guidelines for AIM Clients
- A Health and Safety Liability Form will be issued before each session and will require a signature from each client serviced, consenting to the following outlined protocols and guidelines.
- AIM suggests that all clients complete a health screening assessment, including a temperature check using a temporal thermometer, before proceeding with services with AIM.
- We ask that clients refrain from scheduling an appointment if they or a member of their household has knowingly been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days or are currently experiencing any symptoms of any infectious illnesses.
- Clients should refrain from booking a treatment if they or any member of their household is under an isolation or quarantine order.
- Clients may request for verified proof of staff’s medical screening and training records prior to receiving treatment.
- For onsite corporate and event settings, AIM will communicate with management ahead of time to inquire if any employees/guests have been diagnosed with, have been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 or other communicable diseases within 14 days of AIM’s intended visit. If infection is present, AIM will not perform services at the location until it is verified that no employees/guests have been diagnosed with, have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed or experienced symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- AIM will not provide services to individuals who have bruises, wounds or rashes, a high fever, a contagious viral or bacterial infection or an advanced stage illness, to name a few. If it is determined that a client is experiencing any compromising health issues, AIM reserves the right to cancel the appointment.
- For onsite corporate and event settings, AIM will not accept appointments with more than 10 attendees to receive service.
- For onsite corporate and event settings, AIM will arrange with management ahead of time the use of a private space that allows for physical distancing.
- To stay in accordance with social distancing protocols, clients should keep children, pets and others 6 feet away from the service area and equipment.
- Clients should provide a powder room or bathroom for AIM staff to prepare for the treatment.
- AIM will remain responsible for the cleanliness and disinfection of AIM provided massage linens and equipment and will maintain hygiene protocols for all staff. Though AIM is unable to control the cleanliness and disinfection practices at a client’s residence or facility, to ensure the protection of all, it is suggested and strongly encouraged that clients and management follow health and safety procedures set by health administrators, including cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and areas designated for Therapeutic Massage service.
- During their session with AIM, clients must wear a face covering that completely covers their nose and mouth, unless they are medically unable to tolerate such a face covering.
- AIM will provide fresh laundered coverings for tables, chairs and clients. However, client’s own covering may be used if preferred.
- AIM will provide accommodations for clean and disinfected face coverings (client’s own covering may be used if preferred) during massage in prone (face down) position (e.g. cotton pillowcase or disposable face cradle covers draped in the face cradle) or avoid such positions altogether. Clients must wear face coverings when switching from prone to side or supine (face up) positions.
- All clients should thoroughly wash their hands prior to and after their treatment.
Please refer to our full Terms, conditions and scheduling policies before scheduling an appointment.
Updated July 13, 2020