Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions (“Agreement”, “Terms”) govern the website use, located at www.aimmassagetherapy.com, and provision of Therapeutic Massage services (both “Service”) by Abide In Me Therapeutic Massage Services (“AIM Massage Therapy”, “AIM”, “we”, “us”, “our”). Requestor/Recipient’s (“Requestor”, “Client”, “Guest”, “you”) acceptance of services from AIM Massage Therapy shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of the Terms and Conditions contained herein.
Subject to these Terms, AIM Massage Therapy hereby grants you a limited revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and use its Service, in the manner intended by AIM Massage Therapy. Unless otherwise specified in writing, the Service is not for resale. AIM Massage Therapy reserves the right at all times and without notice to restrict and/or terminate your access to the Service (or any portion thereof) and modify or discontinue providing the Service (or any portion thereof).
AIM Massage Therapy provides Therapeutic Massage services to consumers, through which Certified and Licensed health and wellness professionals (“Massage Therapists”) treat Clients by using touch to manipulate the muscles and other soft tissues of the body; solely intended to relieve pain, improve circulation, relieve stress, increase relaxation and aid in the general wellness of Clients.
Scheduling of massage services are intended for workplace sessions, marketing events, social events and in-home therapeutic care. Each session will be considered a one-time per session treatment, unless otherwise noted. Membership opportunities are available to individuals who would like to receive frequent care. Visit the AIM Wellness Membership website for details.
For in-person sessions, AIM Massage Therapy currently services the New York City (Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Manhattan and Staten Island), Long Island (Nassau and Suffolk Counties), Rockland County, Westchester County and New Jersey areas only. If it is determined, after scheduling and payment has been remitted to AIM, that the session location is not located within the boundaries of the specified regions, AIM Massage Therapy reserves the right to cancel the appointment without refund.
Requestors must be at least 18 years old to schedule and book a massage session. If it is determined and confirmed, after scheduling and payment has been remitted to AIM, that a Service appointment has been made by a Requestor under the age of 18, AIM Massage Therapy reserves the right to cancel the appointment.
Individuals under the age of 18 years old receiving a treatment must be accompanied by a parent or guardian (please note that the Service is not for persons under the age of 13 years old). The parent or guardian must give permission for the agreed session to be performed. The parent or guardian is expected to remain present throughout the treatment. The Requestor who has booked the session must articulate this notice to participants prior to the session.
As a Requestor of Therapeutic Massage services on behalf of an individual, company, entity or organization (each, “Client”), you represent and warrant that you are an authorized representative of such Client with the authority to bind such Client to these Terms; you agree to be bound by these Terms on behalf of such Client; and your Client meets the eligibility requirements for the Service, as set forth in these Terms. Further, you will be responsible for ensuring your Client complies with these Terms.
The AIM Virtual Consultation is a free one-time only online meeting, via the video conferencing platform Zoom, with a Licensed and Certified Massage Therapist. Purposed for individuals who are looking to have an in-person Therapeutic Massage session with AIM in the future, scheduling as a Guest, the consultation is a way for potential Guests to learn more about AIM’s services and processes prior to their first scheduled appointment and a way for AIM staff to assess the therapeutic needs of Guests to properly prepare for treatments.
Though for in-person sessions AIM currently services the New York City and New Jersey areas only, it is possible for an individual outside of the referenced areas (within the US only) to have a virtual consultation with AIM. If an individual who resides outside of the referenced areas in which AIM practices desires to proceed with receiving a Therapeutic Massage after a virtual consultation with AIM, AIM will confer with the AMTA Member Directory and refer the individual to Licensed Massage Therapists who practice in their specified area.
Online meetings will be recorded for internal reference use only.
Shop AIM Massage Therapy provides products such as accessories, drink-ware, fragrances, home décor and personal Care; available for purchase and delivery in the United States only. Visit www.shopaimmassagetherapy.com to shop online.
Social Media platforms are available for all Guests to engage with and follow for AIM updates.
For in-home sessions: As Clients are welcoming us into their homes, we pride ourselves in maintaining a professional, comfortable and trustworthy bond by making every effort to create a safe environment and experience for members and Therapists. Therefore, in efforts to create a safe environment and experience for Guests and Therapists, there are a few things we need to verify before processing an in-home appointment request.
In order to schedule an in-home Therapeutic Massage session, Clients are prompted to complete a registration form, signing up as a Guest of AIM Massage Therapy. Guests must verify their birthday, primary session location and any medical conditions that may impede treatment.
A Health and Safety Liability Form will be issued before each session and will require a signature from each client serviced, consenting to the following outlined protocols and guidelines. Please see our Health and Safety Guidelines section below for further details.
Clients are asked to allow for an additional 15 minutes prior to and post their scheduled appointment time to allot for session setup, breakdown and/or consultation/feedback.
Your Therapist will be accompanied by their Assistant who will prepare you for your massage session. The Assistant will prep the session area, which includes setting up the equipment and soft ambient music, and be available to answer any questions you may have prior to the start of the scheduled session.
Once you are comfortable to receive your massage, your Therapist will proceed with your customized session, periodically asking how you are feeling. After the session, your Therapist will assist you off the chair or table and encourage you to take deep breaths, drink plenty of water and schedule an appointment to receive regular treatments.
In-Home Session (Members)
|15 minutes per person
30-45 minutes per session
|Group Stretch||Workplace Wellness||15 minutes per session|
|Table Massage (Swedish Massage modality only)||Social Event||30 minutes per person|
|Table Massage (Swedish, Deep Swedish & Deep Tissue Massage)||In-Home Session||60-90 minutes per session|
|Reflexology||Social Event (add-on)|
In-Home Session (Members)
|15 minutes per person
|Hot Stone Massage||In-Home Session (Members)||60-90 minutes per session|
|Virtual Consultation||Online Meeting||15 minutes per session|
For members of the AIM Wellness Membership program, a wider range of treatments and modalities are available for scheduling. Visit the AIM Wellness Membership website for details.
Some health conditions may prevent the recipient from receiving treatments and may be required to have written permission from their primary health physician before Service. AIM Massage Therapists will use discretion to determine if treatment should be conducted and reserves the right to decline Services if treatment is deemed unsafe for the recipient and/or Massage Therapist.
For all session types, a brief analysis of an individual recipient’s overall health will be conducted prior to the treatment. The individual should inform Therapists of any allergies, health concerns or conditions that would impede the treatment, causing risk to the Client or to the Therapist.
For AIM Wellness Membership sessions, recipients must participate in a health and wellness consultation with their Massage Therapist prior to the treatment. For more information, see Membership Terms and Conditions.
Health and Safety Guidelines:
For AIM Staff
- Each day upon opening for service, each staff member will confirm he or she displays no signs of any infectious illnesses. AIM Massage Therapy will be responsible to take staff member’s temperature daily using a temporal thermometer.
- AIM Massage Therapy staff who have knowingly been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days, who may be experiencing any compromising health symptoms or who have traveled internationally within the past 30 days will not be able to work until medically cleared.
- All staff are required to complete training in infection control and prevention prior to returning to work.
- All staff are required to wear both a face covering and face shield or eye protection any time they interact with a customer or while performing a Therapeutic Massage service.
- All staff are required to regularly wash and sanitize their hands and forearms, including before and after interacting with clients.
- In an effort to prevent the spread of germs and viruses, staff will cover themselves with appropriate protective clothing, including footwear, upon entry of a client’s residence or facility. Therapists are required to wear fresh uniforms and change between sessions.
- AIM will provide fresh laundered coverings for tables, chairs and clients, or will use client’s own coverings if preferred. Used coverings will be immediately placed into a sealed compartment once sessions are complete.
- AIM will perform enhanced cleaning procedures, including 15 minutes between each service to thoroughly sanitize all equipment, supplies and areas.
For AIM Clients
- In addition to the pre-treatment analysis, a Health and Safety Liability Form will be issued before each session and will require a signature from each client serviced, consenting to the following outlined protocols and guidelines.
- AIM suggests that all clients complete a health screening assessment, including a temperature check using a temporal thermometer, before proceeding with services with AIM.
- We ask that clients refrain from scheduling an appointment if they or a member of their household has knowingly been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days or are currently experiencing any symptoms of any infectious illnesses.
- Clients should refrain from booking a treatment if they or any member of their household is under an isolation or quarantine order.
- Clients may request for verified proof of staff’s medical screening and training records prior to receiving treatment.
- For onsite corporate and event settings, AIM will communicate with management ahead of time to inquire if any employees/guests have been diagnosed with, have been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 or other communicable diseases within 14 days of AIM’s intended visit. If infection is present, AIM will not perform services at the location until it is verified that no employees/guests have been diagnosed with, have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed or experienced symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- AIM will not provide services to individuals who have bruises, wounds or rashes, a high fever, a contagious viral or bacterial infection or an advanced stage illness, to name a few. If it is determined that a client is experiencing any compromising health issues, AIM reserves the right to cancel the appointment.
- For onsite corporate and event settings, AIM will not accept appointments with more than 10 attendees to receive service.
- For onsite corporate and event settings, AIM will arrange with management ahead of time the use of a private space that allows for physical distancing.
- To stay in accordance with social distancing protocols, clients should keep children, pets and others 6 feet away from the service area and equipment.
- Clients should provide a powder room or bathroom for AIM staff to prepare for the treatment.
- AIM will remain responsible for the cleanliness and disinfection of AIM provided massage linens and equipment and will maintain hygiene protocols for all staff. Though AIM is unable to control the cleanliness and disinfection practices at a client’s residence or facility, to ensure the protection of all, it is suggested and strongly encouraged that clients and management follow health and safety procedures set by health administrators, including cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and areas designated for Therapeutic Massage service.
- During their session with AIM, clients must wear a face covering that completely covers their nose and mouth, unless they are medically unable to tolerate such a face covering.
- AIM will provide fresh laundered coverings for tables, chairs and clients. However, client’s own covering may be used if preferred.
- AIM will provide accommodations for clean and disinfected face coverings (client’s own covering may be used if preferred) during massage in prone (face down) position (e.g. cotton pillowcase or disposable face cradle covers draped in the face cradle) or avoid such positions altogether. Clients must wear face coverings when switching from prone to side or supine (face up) positions.
- All clients should thoroughly wash their hands prior to and after their treatment.
All requests for scheduling workplace, marketing and/or social event sessions must be submitted through the AIM Massage Therapy website, via the Request a Quote link.
For smaller events (of 15 or less people, using one or two Therapists), a minimum advance booking of two weeks is required. However, for larger events (16 – 50 people, using two or more Therapists), a minimum of 30 calendar days advance notice is required.
AIM Massage Therapy does not accept appointments for events with more than 50 attendees to receive Service. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, AIM will not accept appointments with more than 10 attendees to receive service, until further notice.
A minimum 2 hour Service time is required to book a session. Scheduled sessions cannot exceed 6 hours.
Individuals scheduling a one-time per session in-home Therapeutic Massage session must secure the appointment through the AIM Massage Therapy website, via the Schedule an Appointment link.
Please note that members a part of the AIM Wellness Membership Program must schedule an appointment through the membership website.
For workplace, marketing and/or social event sessions, once the Request a Quote form has been submitted, a customized quotation letter will be sent by email to the Requestor outlining session details and pricing. Once agreed upon by both the Requestor and AIM Massage Therapy, an invoice detailing payment instructions will be sent to the Requestor. The issuance of the invoice will hold the appointment for 7 calendar days. Within this specified time-frame the Requestor is required to remit a 50% deposit fee to AIM Massage Therapy; otherwise the invoice and scheduled appointment will expire at the conclusion of said period. A confirmation of the appointment will be emailed to the Requestor when the deposit has been received.
Once payment has been made and the booking confirmation has been received, any changes to the agreed hours or sessions requested may affect the agreed fee. Additional fees will be invoiced and payment requested on receipt of invoice. Any refunds due to reduced agreed hours will be credited back to the Requestor. Please see our “Schedule Changes, Cancellations and Refunds” section outlined below for more information.
For workplace, marketing and/or social event sessions, a 50% deposit of the total invoice fee is required from the Requestor to confirm the scheduled session. The remaining 50% is due the day of the session.
Deposit payments must be made online using a credit/debit card via the invoice payment link. Balance payments will be automatically charged using the deposit payment method on file.
For in-home sessions, 100% of the total appointment fee is required at the time of scheduling.
Schedule Changes, Cancellations and Refunds:
All scheduled changes and cancellations must be received in writing.
For in-home sessions, as a courtesy to our Therapists, we request a minimum of 24 hours notice be given, via email, to AIM Massage Therapy to reschedule a confirmed appointment. No refunds will be provided for any paid and confirmed appointments; however, prepaid payments will be used toward a rescheduled appointment time.
For workplace, marketing and/or social event sessions, once a booking has been confirmed no full refunds will be provided; however, the Requestor will be responsible for the following for changes and cancellations:
- If Requestor requests to reschedule a booked session for a different date, the Requestor’s payment will be credited for the rescheduled session date. 30 calendar days is required to advise AIM Massage Therapy of a new session date. If a session date has not been determined or if the Requestor has not made an effort to reschedule a session date within 30 calendar days, the request will be voided and the Requestor will be responsible for 100% of the remitted payment price.
- If Requestor requests to change the session location, time and/or change the number of attendees for a booked session, a fee adjustment will be determined and invoiced once the session modifications have been confirmed.
- For booked sessions with an expected attendance of 5-15 attendees, a minimum advance of 4 calendar days notice is required for session changes and rescheduling.
- For booked sessions with an expected attendance of 16-50 attendees, a minimum advance of 14 calendar days notice is required for session changes and rescheduling.
- Cancellation of an event with an expected attendance of 5-15 attendees, if given more than 4 calendar days notice before the requested start time of the session, the Requestor will be responsible for 50% of the remitted payment price. AIM Massage Therapy will refund partial payment to the Requestor using the original payment method used for the transaction. If the Requestor cancels less than 4 calendar days before the requested start time of the event, the Requestor will be responsible for 100% of the remitted payment price.
- Cancellation of an event with an expected attendance of 16-50 attendees, if given more than 14 calendar days notice before the requested start time of the session, the Requestor will be responsible for 50% of remitted payment price. AIM Massage Therapy will refund the partial payment to the Requestor using the original payment method used for the transaction. If the Requestor cancels less than 14 calendar days before the requested start time of the event, the Requestor will be responsible for 100% of the remitted payment price.
In the unlikely event that AIM Massage Therapy is unable to perform the Service due to an injury or illness of the assigned Massage Therapist(s), act of God or other cause beyond the control of AIM Massage Therapy, AIM Massage Therapy will make every effort to secure a replacement. If a suitable replacement can not be provided, AIM Massage Therapy will recommend a rescheduled session or cancel the session and will take the responsibility to return all payments received.
Consent to Electronic Communications:
AIM Massage Therapy cannot control certain factors relating to message delivery and has no liability for transmission delays or message failures.
Image and Likeness Release:
For workplace, marketing and/or social events sessions, it is understood that Requestors grant AIM Massage Therapy the right and permission to use their (including participants) name, facility, likeness, image, voice and/or appearance as such may be embodied in any photos, video recordings, audiotapes, digital images, and the like, taken or made on behalf of AIM Massage Therapy. Requestors agree that AIM Massage Therapy has complete ownership of such material and can use said material for any purpose consistent with AIM Massage Therapy’s mission. These uses include, but are not limited to videos, publications, advertisements, news releases, websites and any promotional or educational materials in any medium. Requestors acknowledge that they will not receive any compensation for the use of such images, videos, likeness, etc.
It is the responsibility of the Requestor to articulate this information to participants.
If you do not wish to be captured in any way, please notify AIM prior to the confirmed appointment. If you do not voice this concern, you consent to being captured as described above.
AIM Massage Therapy is committed to providing the best qualified Therapists for massage sessions. AIM Massage Therapy shall provide Certified, Licensed and insured Massage Therapists to the Requestor for the agreed hours. AIM Massage Therapists will provide treatments as requested by the Requestor and as outlined on the AIM Massage Therapy website and customized quotation letter.
AIM Massage Therapy is committed to promoting the welfare and well-being of the Requestor over and above any personal consideration.
AIM Massage Therapists accept the responsibility to “do no harm” to the physical, mental and emotional well-being of self and Clients and to conduct themselves in a professional manner to provide the best possible treatment.
AIM Massage Therapy acknowledges to be honest in continual communication with the Requestor on policies and treatments.
AIM Massage Therapy respects the confidential nature of the professional relationship with Requestors and acknowledges each Requestor’s right to privacy within the constraints of the law.
AIM Massage Therapy upholds the highest standards to not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, physical makeup or sexual orientation.
AIM Massage Therapy agrees to demonstrate professional excellence through regular self-assessments of strengths, limitations and effectiveness by continued education and training.
As Certified and Licensed Massage Therapists, it is our responsibility to provide accreditation, maintain quality control and be accountable to the practice of Massage Therapy.
By scheduling an appointment, the Client agrees that it is their choice to receive Massage Therapy. Client is aware of the benefits and risks of massage and has consulted their Primary Physician and gives their consent for treatments. Client understands that there is no implied or stated guarantee of success, effectiveness of individual techniques or series of appointments. Client acknowledges that Massage Therapy is not a substitute for medical care, medical examination or diagnosis.
To the best of their ability, Client has stated all medical conditions they are aware of and will inform AIM of any changes in their health status.
The Client will make sound choices regarding their sessions’ plan based upon the information provided by the Massage Therapist. Client agrees to communicate with the Massage Therapist any time they feel their well-being is being compromised.
The Client must provide a clean, suitable and safe area for the session to take place; having enough room to accommodate a massage chair, massage table and/or a group stretch session. For the use of a massage chair, an approximate 5′ x 6′ area is needed for the Therapist to set up and have room to move around comfortably. For the use of a massage table, an approximate 9′ x 12′ area is needed. If two or more Therapists are required for the session, the space will need to be bigger. An appropriate sized space to comfortably accommodate 5-50 people will be required for group stretch sessions.
In keeping with social distancing regulations, the Client will be responsible for assisting and managing the recipient “flow of traffic”.
In an effort to prevent the spread of germs and viruses, the Client will be responsible for making sure all recipients are provided with the appropriate protective wear (i.e. face coverings).
For private Social events where Reflexology will be conducted, the Client is asked to provide access to water for the hand/foot soak treatment.
For workplace, marketing and/or social event sessions, the Client must provide a contact person for AIM Massage Therapy to liaise with.
The Client is responsible for delivering the treatment schedule to the Therapist(s) before the start of the agreed hours, if applicable.
The Client must also explain to each recipient the nature and extent of the session as described in the customized quotation letter.
Disclaimer of Warranty:
You expressly acknowledge and agree that your use of this website, the applications, and any information or content contained on any of them and/or any Services is at your sole risk and that, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Service is provided “as is” and “as available”, with all faults and without warranty of any kind. AIM Massage Therapy does not make any representations, conditions or warranties, express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness of a particular purpose, title, compatibility, security, accuracy, non-infringement, or usefulness with respect to the products or Services. AIM Massage Therapy makes no warranty, representation or condition that the Services will meet your requirements; that the information, content, and data on the Services are accurate; that your use of the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free; or that defects in the website, the applications and/or the information contained on any of them will be corrected.
Massage Therapy does not guarantee to be an antidote for ailments, diseases or other medical conditions. The nature of each session is for the basic purpose of relief from stress and muscular tension. Services provided are not for the solicitation of sensual desires nor are a replacement for medical or psychological care or treatment. Though Certified and Licensed in the field of Massage Therapy, AIM Massage Therapists are not qualified to diagnose a medical condition. By using the Service, you agree that you will not rely on AIM Massage Therapy as a substitute for professional medical care and that you will always seek professional medical advice and care from your primary health provider.
AIM Massage Therapy reserves the right to immediately terminate a booked session if the Requestor and/or recipient expresses any inappropriate behavior (including but not limited to drug use, excessive drinking, illicit or sexually suggestive remarks or sexual advances). The Requestor will be charged for the full price of the booked Service.
Limitation of Liability:
To the fullest extent permitted by law, each user is responsible for his or her use of the Service, and any damages incurred by him or her or any third party that arise from or are related to the Service. The aggregate liability of AIM Massage Therapy for any damages, whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise, will be limited to actual damages proved, and not to exceed the amount paid by you to AIM Massage Therapy for the Service. To the fullest extent permitted by law, and notwithstanding anything to the contrary set forth herein, AIM Massage Therapy will not be liable for any punitive, special, indirect or consequential damages.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, AIM Massage Therapy will not have any liability whatsoever for any losses; costs or damages of any kind incurred or suffered by you as a result of services provided by any of the Massage Therapists accessed through the Service.
You represent that you have independently investigated the advisability of using the massage services made available to you by AIM Massage Therapy and the possible risks involved in using such services. You agree to maintain your own insurance covering such risks and will look solely to such insurance for reimbursement of any resulting damages.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, you will defend, indemnify and hold AIM Massage Therapy, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, members, employees, attorneys and agents, harmless against any loss or damage of any kind (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and lost revenues) arising from any and all breaches by you of these Terms or any representation, warranty or covenant contained herein; any and all use of the Service not specifically authorized hereunder and on the Service; and any and all claims and actions against AIM Massage Therapy by other parties to whom you allow access to the Service.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, you further waive, release and forever discharge AIM Massage Therapy from any and all responsibility or liability for injuries or damages resulting from your massages or any other service obtained through the use of the Service, including injuries or damages caused by the negligent act or omission of the released parties or in any way arising out of or connected with the Service.
AIM Massage Therapy reserves the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim. You will not, in any event, settle any claim or matter without our written consent.
Third Party Disputes:
AIM Massage Therapy is not affiliated with any carrier, service provider, or third party service, and any dispute you have with any carrier, service provider, third party service or other third party arising from your use of the Service, is directly between you and such third party, and you irrevocably release AIM Massage Therapy (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, and employees) from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) or every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
AIM Massage Therapy is licensed to practice Services in the states of New York and New Jersey.
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, our practices or your dealings with this Service, please contact us using the form below.
By scheduling your session you are indicating that you understand and accept these Terms and Conditions.
Updated: November 6, 2020